- India has fast become a global health destination, with the medical tourism industry growing at 30% every year. Over 26 million surgeries were performed in the country in 2016 and reportedly the country’s need for surgeries stood at around 65 million. Hence, with increase in number of hospitals and specialized doctors, the number of surgeries performed in the country is going to incline at a steady pace.
- Osteoarthritis is the most prevalent form of arthritis in India which affects over 15 million adults every year. Only 10% of the Indians undergo the surgery due to fear of late recovery. India is expected to be the osteoarthritis capital of the world by 2025 with over 60 million cases. The current rate of 10% patients undergoing joint replacement surgeries is expected to incline in the near future owing to rising per capita income and increasing disease burden.
India has witnessed rise in cases of burn surgeries including acute and reconstructive surgeries. This was fueled by annual burn incidence of approximately 6-7 million every year. The number of surgical births in the country has risen at an unprecedented rate of 16.7% annually in the last five years. India is set to witness further rise in caesarean surgeries going forward.
Incline in number of cosmetic surgeries including breast augmentation, face lifts, brow lifts, eye lifts and liposuction, surgical births and joint replacement surgeries being conducted in the country have resulted in augmentation of wound care market in India. Wound Care Market,Wound Management Market Share ,Market Growth Wound Care, Advanced Wound Care Market Trends, Market Developments Collagen, Market Research Report Wound Care,Johnson and Johnson Market Share ,Smith and Nephew Competition India, Wound Care Products Market Segmentation, Tapes and Bandages Market Size, Disinfectants Market in India, Advanced wound care Industry, Wound Care Markets Skin Ulcer Treatment, Burn Treatment,Bioactive Wound Care Market Analysis, Collagen Dressing Wound Care Products Market, Asia Wound Management Market, Wound Care Market Size, Wound Care Market Share,Wound Care Market Trends and Forecasts, Over 9.3 million cosmetic procedures were performed in the country in 2016. The market growth was also fuelled by rise in knee replacement surgeries in the country with over 80,000 knee replacements performed, which represented an incline by 80% in just five years. Furthermore, over 18,000 weight loss surgeries were conducted in India up from just 800 in 2009.
Traditional wound care products are likely to be the most widely sold product segment in the mid-long term owing to their low cost factor. Most government hospitals and day clinic centers are likely to keep using traditional wound care products in the near future so as to keep the overall treatment cost down.
“Brand building is important in wound care sector. Companies could strategically promote their products in hospitals, clinics and polyclinics center to attract more orders and should opt for multi-channel distribution of products to achieve greater penetration, according to Research Analyst, Ken Research.
The market research report titled “India Wound Care Market Outlook to 2022 – Rising Medical Surgeries and Increase in Incidence of Acute and Chronic Wounds to Foster Future Growth” provides a comprehensive analysis of the wound care market in India. The report focuses on the major products preferred under traditional, advanced and surgical wound care segment across the country. The report covers aspects such as overall wound market by its key segments including traditional, advanced and surgical care, distribution channel, and demand by major cities. The publication also includes competitive landscape, which discusses the major market players along with the detailed discussion about the organizations and their respective market share. The future analysis of overall India Wound Care Market has also been discussed along with recommendations from analyst view.
The report covers trends about technological developments and rising disease burden. It also includes detailed analysis of the major companies existing in this space including Johnson and Johnson, Smith & Nephew, Datt Mediproducts, 3M India, Coloplast, BSN Medical, Sutures India, KCI Medical, Molnolycke, Covatec and others.
Topics Covered in The report
- Wound Care Market,
- Wound Management Market Share ,
- Market Growth Wound Care,
- Advanced Wound Care Market Trends,
- Market Developments Collagen,
- Market Research Report Wound Care,
- Johnson and Johnson Market Share ,
- Smith and Nephew Competition India,
- Wound Care Products Market Segmentation,
- Tapes and Bandages Market Size,
- Disinfectants Market in India,
- Advanced wound care Industry,
- Wound Care Markets Skin Ulcer Treatment, Burn Treatment,
- Bioactive Wound Care Market Analysis,
- Collagen Dressing Wound Care Products Market,
- Asia Wound Management Market,
- Wound Care Market Size,
- Wound Care Market Share,
- Wound Care Market Trends and Forecasts,
To know more about the research report:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications