The Indonesia Haircare sector is led by the shampoo category in value terms, while the hair colorants category is expected to register the fastest value growth during 2017-2022. Convenience stores are the leading channel for distribution of hair care products in the country. Rigid plastics are the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by flexible packaging. Pantene, Sunsilk, and Clear are the leading brands in the Indonesian haircare sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Country Profile: Haircare In Indonesia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
– Leading players: Market share of brands in value terms in 2017
– Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, department stores, convenience stores, drug stores & pharmacies, health & beauty stores, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, ‘dollar stores’, variety store & general merchandise retailers, vending machines, parapharmacies/drugstores, e-retailers, chemists/pharmacies, and other general retailers
– Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of a number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal, glass, and others; pack type data for Bottle, tube, aerosol, tub, bag/sachet, and jar.
– The per capita consumption of haircare was lower in Indonesia compared to both global and regional levels in 2017
– The shampoo is the largest category in value terms, while hair colorants are the fastest growing category in both value and volume terms during 2012-2017.
– Convenience stores are the leading channel in the distribution of hair care products in the country.
– Pantene is the leading brand in the Indonesian haircare sector, in 2017.
– Rigid plastics are the most commonly used pack material in the Indonesian haircare sector.
– Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
– Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
– Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
– Our team of analysts has placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
– The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
– Analysis of key macroeconomic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes an economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
To know more, click on the link below:
Ankur Gupta, head marketing & communications