Ken Research has introduced report titled, “Consumer and Market Insights: Bakery and Cereals in Germany “. The analysis withstands significant emphasis on trend changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tampered with in the coming 5 years. This would allow key market players to prepare promotional strategies for revenue multiplication. The report manifests itself in various stages starting from describing the numerical figures associated with this amplifying industry in terms of worth, volume and frequency. Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Bakery and Cereals market in Germany provides insights on how to target high growth categories, advanced packaging materials, types and closures category and brands market shares. The report primarily focuses on two growth periods for comparative understanding namely, 2010-15 versus 2015-2020. The later inculcates future forecasts including product diversification, product innovation, supply chain analysis, new product distribution techniques/channels etc. It opens up avenues for capturing future market opportunities and to convert the same into higher returns. Finally, it throws light on the attitude, specifically the reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2017 to 2020.
Bakery and cereals have become staples of everyone’s life in modern day Germany. There comes a time when lethargy to cook two meals a day for 365 days of the year over rules, this is when the exotic bakeries and ready to use cereals come for rescue. Baked goods, which include breads, cakes and pastries, which have been consumed in such large amounts in Germany that these have been called as the staples. To understand how, when and why this market has escalated starting 2010, we need to go back to he emerging economic demographics of Germany. Germany is a flourishing economy, the largest national economy of Europe. It allures itself being the fourth largest economy in terms of nominal GDP and fifth largest in terms of purchasing power parity in the world. Germany saw the largest trade surplus. Is the world’s top location for trade fairs. This blossoming economy saw an increase in consumption expenditure from 2011 to 2015. The share of retail sales have tripled during the same. The falling inflation rate also made the consumer enjoy higher income shares for self-consumption. The direct impact is study on the expenditure and demand for bakery items and cereals including, Baking Mixes, Baking Ingredients, Bread & Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies, Dough Products, Cereal Bars, Energy Bars, Cookies, Savoury Biscuits, Morning Goods with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020. The Bakery and Cereals market in Germany is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 1.9% in value terms in the next 5 years.
This market saw a point of saturation by the end of 2015. Various influences affect the type of indulgence required by the targeted audience including the basic food item (taste and quality), packaging strength (less spillovers), preparation time, delivery time, affordability etc. The large working population requires better time management including explicit business models such as ‘click and collect’ or ‘click and deliver’ and are anticipated to augment market growth in the period 2015-20. The market saw amazingly new product innovation with rich variety and better supply chains for time saving and cost effectiveness.
The entire industry is based on the need of consumers to have affordable indulgence and prime service. A slow upward jump was seen soon after the end of 2014 and this market is expected to outperform in the next five years. Although the volumetric expansion is expected to be stagnant, the product innovation might help increase profit through the price channel by higher per unit price and hence higher volatility. The Bakery and Cereals market in Germany is forecast to grow at a higher rate during 2015-2020 as compared to 2010-2015 in US$ terms but these growth figures are negligible. The Breakfast Cereals category is forecasted to register the fastest growth in both value and volume terms during 2015-2020.
Due to the current arrest and saturation, future growth within this sector is hampered. Especially, when the competition from close competitors of packed good products is on the verge of exploding. Products with exotic flavours/ingredients (Novel & Experiential) or single serve packs (On the Go) are among the popular trends that are driving Bakery and Cereals market in Germany. Wage-earning women and single-person households have been a new emerging trend all over the world especially in Germany. This restricts the time available for cooking and baking. Moreover, the younger generation is looking for convenience with products that can be eaten on the go. As a result, the number of traditional bakeries is decreasing, as consumers shop instead at in-store bakeries. The number of traditional bakeries will convert into wholesale supplier or shut down with emerging packed, on the spot eat and go food product innovations.
Distribution, Brands, Raw material and Manufacturing:-
- The private label sector is not expected to expand although it holds a significant market share. The main reason being it failing to provide productive profit advantage to the producers.
- The cereal market is split between domestic and international companies. The large international companies, like Kellogg, benefit from strong brand names and customer loyalty while domestic companies, like Köllen and Oetker, focus on healthier products that appeal to German consumers.
- Local companies of German origin rule the bakery market in the country. International player tried there luck in the initial five years but failed due to bakery being a perishable item and there lack of knowledge and research of German market demand.
- Multiple packs will become easy and cheaper since they have low per unit prices
- The basic raw material used in this market is wheat, yeast, emulsifiers, sugar, malt, Gums and hydrocolloids, corn, oats, rice, and barley.
- The key players include four brands, Kellogg (Deutschland), Cereal Partners Deutschland, Dr August Oetker Nahrungsmittel and Peter Kölln, are all expected to reach double-digit shares in breakfast cereals by 2020.
Germany is emerging as the largest market for food and beverages by the end of 2020. It is and will remain a highly competitive market with major bakery and cereal export to other European Union countries. Germany is an extremist economy in terms of health consciousness and therefore the demand for fibre rich bakery will boom in coming years. There seem to be saturation when people shift from cakes and pastries to health conscious snack like fibre cereals, wholegrain breads etc. The movement within the sector has been large.
Topics Covered in the Report
- Germany bakery and cereals market research
- Global bakery products market
- Germany breakfast cereals market
- Energy bars market research Germany
- Germany food and beverages industry
- Germany cereals demand by hypermarkets
- Germany cereals market by online channels
- Logistics and supply chain in Germany food and beverages industry
- Europe Bakery and Cereals market
- Germany bakery and cereals market size
- Germany bakery and cereals market share
- Germany bakery and cereals market growth
- Germany bakery and cereals market trends
- Germany bakery and cereals market future
For more coverage click on the link below:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications