North America Digital Camera Industry Trends And Developments Research Report

0


North America Digital Camera Industry Outlook to 2017 – Surging Replacement Demand and Product Innovation’ provides a comprehensive analysis of the various aspects such as market size, segmentation, trends and developments and future projections of the Built-in Lens Cameras and Interchangeable Lens Cameras as key segments of the market. The report also provides detailed explanation of the various macro and industry factors which are driving the growth of the market for these two segments of digital cameras across the US and Canada. Additionally, it also covers market share of major players present in the digital camera market of the US.

The North American digital camera market is rapidly maturing owing to the high level of ownership of the digital cameras among the consumers. Therefore the repeat purchases have become critical for the sales of the camera manufacturing companies in the US and Canada. The market in the region is increasingly becoming dependent on the consumer purchases for replacement or additional camera. As a result the camera manufacturers are trying hard to introduce products with new innovative features so as to get their customers back into the buying cycle. The shipments of the digital cameras to the region have declined at a CAGR of 7.2% during 2006-2012 where the shipments have decreased to ~ million units in 2012 from shipments of ~ million units of digital cameras in 2006. While the US accounted for 83% of the shipments of the digital cameras in the region in 2012, Canada represented the rest of the 17% of the digital camera shipments to the region in the same year.

The US market for digital cameras is consistently moving towards maturity. The present demand in the market is from the consumers who are considering purchase of an additional or replacement camera. The digital camera market of the US is estimated at ~ million units on the basis of shipments in 2012 which has decreased from the shipment of ~ million units of digital cameras in 2006 at a CAGR of -8% during 2006-2012. The contribution of the built-in lens cameras has declined from 92.5% in 2006 to 70.7% in 2012, primarily because of the saturating compact camera ownership levels among the consumers. The digital camera market of the US is dominated by Canon which holds ~% share out of the total sales of the digital cameras in the country by volume. This is followed by Nikon which accounts for ~% share in the digital camera market of the US. Sony is the third largest player which accounts for ~% of the digital camera sales in the country.

The digital camera market of Canada has declined in recent years owing to the growing saturation levels of the digital camera ownership among the consumers. The market is about the size of ~ million units on the basis of shipment of digital camera in 2012 which has decreased from the shipment of ~ million units of digital cameras in 2006 at a CAGR of -2% during 2006-2012.

The interchangeable lens market of North America has experienced a robust growth in recent years owing to the high growth in the consumer demand for the interchangeable lens cameras. The shipments of the interchangeable lenses to the North America market has grown at a CAGR of 16.8% during 2006-2012 where the market has reached ~ million units in 2012 on the basis of the shipments by increasing from ~ million units in 2006.

 

 

Browse by TOC: http://www.kenresearch.com/consumer-products-and-retail/specialty-retail-products/north-america-digital-camera-industry-research-report/352-95.html

Share.

Comments are closed.