Latest market research report “Philippines Logistics Market Outlook to 2020 –Driven by Customized Logistics, E-commerce Activities and Changes in Freight Forwarding” by Ken Research entails analysis of the logistics infrastructure, investment and revenue generation in Philippines. The report covers various aspects such as market size of logistics, freight forwarding (sea, air, road freight transaction volume, cargo volume handled), express delivery, third party logistics, e-commerce logistic, balikbayan box and Cold Storage market. The report also provides competition scenario and company profile of major players operating in third party logistics, express delivery logistics, air freight forwarding, sea freight forwarding market in Philippines. The report will aid domestic and International logistic players, consultants, government and other stakeholders to align their market centric strategies according to ongoing and expected trends in the logistics industry.
The Philippines freight forwarding market has witnessed a marginal increase over the years. Due to the rapid economic development of the Philippines, international and domestic trade volumes have significantly improved over the years from 2010 to 2015 which had increased the freight forwarding market in Philippines. The improvement in trade has resulted in an astounding demand of freight forwarding services in the country. Also, the growth in demand of freight forwarding services in the country has propelled the ingress of multinational companies in Philippines. The revenue registered from the freight forwarding market had increased from USD 20.2 billion in 2010 at a CAGR of 7.9% during 2010-2015.
According to the research report, the Philippines freight forwarding market will grow at a CAGR of 6.8% during 2016-20, thus reaching USD 41.3 billion by 2020. The government support and rapid economic development in the country will increase the market in future. Expansion in the e-commerce market and the increase in preference of business and consumers to transport goods in shorter amount of time will derive the express market in future.
“The domestic freight forwarding business in the Philippines has been plagued by poor infrastructural growth and development. The present infrastructural systems have not been able to keep up with the rapid expansion of freight forwarding industry which has led to congestion at ports which has further increased delays in delivery time. The players in the industry should look forward to utilize alternative routes such as BCT and Laguna gateway instead of using the major ports like Manila, Bantangas and others. Filipino government will look forward to promote investments to develop sufficient infrastructural facilities such as road networks, sea ports and airports” according to the Research Analyst, Ken Research.
Key Findings in the Report:
- The lower export revenues from agro based products and petroleum pulled down the exports. The Cargo throughput in 2015 was reduced by 32.8%. The market has however grown at a CAGR of 4.7% during 2010-2015.
- In order to support the growth and sustained economic development, the government of Philippines will look forward to provide adequate support systems through streamlining administration processes, simplification of tax structure and integration of more advanced technology to enhance productivity levels.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- Philippines logistics Market Size
- Market Segmentation by
- Philippines Logistics and Forwarding Market Segmentation
- By Type of Service
- By B2B and B2C Clients
- Philippines Warehousing and Value Added Services Market
- Market size of Warehousing market
- Value Added Services Market
- Philippines Cargo Handling Size
- Philippines E-commerce Logistics Market
- Philippines Third Party Logistics Market
- Logistics and Forwarding Market Entry Barriers
- Filipino Freight Forwarding Market
- Market Segmentation by
- by Seasonal Demand
- Balikbayan Market Future Outlook and Projections
- Market Share of Major Players in Domestic Air Freight Forwarding Market
- Market Share of Major Players in International Air Freight Forwarding
- Market Share of Major Players in Sea Freight Forwarding Market
- Philippines Balikbayan Box Market Introduction
- Market Segmentation by
- Road Freight, Sea Freight and Air freight
Balikbayan Market Future Outlook and Projections
- Philippines Express Delivery Market
- Value Chain Analysis of Philippines Express Delivery Market
- Market segmentation
- By Road and Air Express
- By International and Domestic Express
- Express Delivery Market Barriers to Entry
- IT Systems Architecture in Express Delivery market
- Domestic Express Delivery Market
- International Express Delivery Market
- Philippines Express Delivery Market Future Outlook and Projections
- Market Drivers and Trends
- Philippines Logistics Market Future Outlook and Projections
- Analyst Recommendation
- Macro Economic Analysis
Companies Covered in the Report
Domestic Express Delivery players
Philippines Postal Corporation
Airfreight 2100 Inc
2 GO Express
International Express Delivery Players
Domestic Airfreight Players
2Go Express Inc.
Cargo Padala Express Forwarding Service Corp
Wide Wide World Express, Inc.
JRS Business Corporation
AA! Worldwide Logistics
Vintel Logistics Inc
International Airfreight Players
Nippon Express Philippines, Inc
Yusen Logistics Philippines, Inc.
Trans-global Consolidators, Inc.
Kintetsu World Express Philippines, Inc.
Panalpina World Transport (Philippines), Inc
Schenker Philippines, Inc.
Kuenhe & Nagel, Inc.
UPS-Delbros Transport, Inc.
Expeditors Philippines, Inc.
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications