Portugal Seed market size, market segmentations by open pollinated, hybrid and genetically modified seeds, by crop type (wheat, maize, rice, olive, grapes, triticale, legumes, flowers, vegetables and forage seeds) and by market structure (organized and unorganized market). The report also covers market in different aspects such as trends and developments, issues and challenges, SWOT analysis, regulatory scenario, market share of major players in Portugal seed market, company profiles of major seed producers (Sementes Vivas (LSSV ), DuPont Pioneer, Rijk Zwaan, Bayer & Monsanto Portugal, Syngenta Seed Portugal, Hortosementes, Seed, Germisem Sementes and Riazor) in Portugal seed market. The report provides detailed overview on future outlook & projections with analyst recommendations for the industry.
- Seed market in Portugal has been supported by increasing number of job opportunities in farming along with incentives and financial support provided under the Common Agricultural Policy of the Eurozone government.
- Growing popularity of organic farming along with demand for high quality Portuguese grape-wine and olives will lead to market growth in upcoming years.
Portugal seed market is expected to show modest growth over the next five years on account of gradual stabilization and rise of the agricultural sector in the country. The agriculture sector has witnessed surprising growth after the 2010-2014 debt crises in the country. The increase in number of people in farming, training and capacity building programmes organized by the government and aid given to Portuguese farmers in the form of direct payment under the Common Agricultural Policy has supported the growth of the seed industry in the country.
The demand for high quality Portuguese grape wine and olive in Europe and other countries has ensured steady growth of the grape and olive seed market in the country. The demand for Portuguese grape wine and olive is likely witness a positive growth trend in the future which will further augment the overall revenues of the seed market in Portugal. Organic farming is also gaining popularity in the country. The country is dominated by small farmland structure and with the training and financial support provided by the Portuguese and European Government, the trend for organic farming is expected to further gain popularity among Portuguese farmers. All these reason collectively present a silver lining future for the seed industry in the country.
Ken Research in its latest study, Portugal Seed Market by (Open Pollinated and Hybrid Seeds), by Crop Type (Wheat, Maize, Rice, Olive, Grapes, Triticale, Legumes, Flowers and Forage Seeds) – Outlook to 2022, suggests that demand for seeds in the Portugal market will grow at a modest rate owing to increase in local consumption of seeds, growth in agriculture sector and increasing popularity of organic farming.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- Portugal Seed Market Research Report
- Portugal Seed Market Production Output
- Open Pollinated Seed Market in Portugal
- GM Seed Market in Portugal
- Competition Portugal Seed Industry
- Major crop Production Portugal seed market
- Market Share of Major Players in Portugal Seed
- Grain Seeds Imports in Portugal
- Future Outlook for Portugal Seed
- Portugal Seed Market Trends and Developments
- SWOT Analysis in Portugal Seed Market
- Hybrid seed demand in Portugal Seed market
- Sementes Vivas Portugal Revenue from Seed
- DuPont Pioneer Revenue in Portugal
- Bayer and Monsanto Portugal market share
- Syngenta Seed Revenue in Portugal
- Land Under Cultivation in Portugal
- Grape Seed Production in Portugal
- Olive Seed Production in Portugal
- Government Regulations in Portugal Seed Market
For more information on the research report, refer to below link:
Related Reports by Ken Research
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing