Reliance Jio is rapidly expanding its Jio Preview offer to everyone. Now anyone having a 4G compatible phone can avail a free Jio SIM under this offer, as reported by FoneArena.
Earlier only select Samsung Galaxy smartphone users were eligible for this offer. Later on it was extended to HP laptop users. Recently it was extended to select LG smartphone users and all Samsung Galaxy 4G capable smartphones.
Here is the full list of Samsung smartphone eligible for Jio Preview Offer:
Samsung Galaxy A3, Galaxy A5, Galaxy A5 2016, Galaxy A5 Duos, Galaxy A7, Galaxy A7 2016, Galaxy A8, Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy Core Prime, Galaxy Grand Max, Galaxy J max, Galaxy J1 Ace, Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace, Galaxy J2, Galaxy J2 (2016), Galaxy J2 Pro, Galaxy J3, Galaxy J5, Galaxy J5 (2016), Galaxy J7, Galaxy J7 (2016), Galaxy K Zoom, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy Note 5 Duos, Galaxy Note 7, Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy S 5 Plus, Galaxy S4, GALAXY S4 4G, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5 Neo, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Grand Prime, ON5, ON5 Pro, ON7, and ON7 Pro.
List of LG Smartphones That Can Run Jio 4G
Reliance Jio has also started offering its Jio Preview offer to select LG smartphones which are K332 (K7 LTE), K520DY (Stylus 2), K520DY, H860 (LG G5), K500I (X Screen), K535D (Stylus 2 Plus), LGH630D (G4 Stylus 4G), and LGH 442 (LGC70 Spirit LTE).
If you have one of the above listed Samsung or LG smartphone then follow the below procedure for availing unlimited 4G internet, voice and video calls, SMS, and free access to Jio Premium app under the Jio Preview offer for 90 days:
- Install MyJio app from Google Play.
- Open MyJio app and tap on ‘Get Jio SIM’ on the top banner.
- Follow the on-screen instruction for generating the offer code.
- Take a screenshot of the offer code and take its printout.
- Visit your nearest Reliance Digital or Dx Mini store along with the required documents (Original Proof of Address and its copy,Proof of Identity and its copy, one passport size photograph), and the printout of the offer code to get a Jio SIM.
- Please make sure that you carry the same handset from which you generated the offer code with you.
- Follow the instructions given on this page for SIM activation.
It is getting evident that Jio’s commercial launch may not be far away as the company is inching closer to its pre-commercial launch target of having 2.5M subscribers. Note that there is still no information on Reliance Jio’s tariff plans. It is rumoured that Jio will offer 1 GB 4G data under Rs. 100.
On the other hand, Jio users under Jio Preview Offer are using 4G internet like anything and are consuming more than 50 GB/month. What will happen to their usage post Jio’s commercial launch? Will they be able to maintain their browsing style? Or will they reduce it drastically to 5-10 GB/month?
These are the questions that nobody knows answers to. If you are a Jio user then please drop a comment about your usage style. What will you do when you’ll have to pay per GB of data consumed?