Large appliances market is expected to decline further or remain stagnant in terms of volume after registering a decline in 2015.
Front loading washing machine, multi-door refrigerator, inverter type air conditioner and 4K and 8K smart television will lead the demand for large appliances in Japan Market.
Customer willingness to pay premium for quality products will help the domestic players to dominate the market. Products which can be sold at higher prices are high in demand increasing the operating margin.
Replacement Demand of old machine will continue to be the dominant reason for driving the sales of large appliances.
Ken Research announced its latest publication on “Japan Large Appliances Market Outlook to 2020- Growing Preferences for Technologically Innovated Products and Robust Replacement Demand to Shape Future” provides a comprehensive analysis of large appliances market in Japan. The report focuses on overall market size for sale of large appliances. These include revenue from domestic sale in television, washing machine, air conditioner and refrigerator. Market was also estimated based on volume sales in each category. Market is segmented based on product type and sub segmented based on their essential features along with distribution channel. The report also covers the competitive landscape of major players in Japan large appliances market, export and import scenario. The report concludes with market projections for future and analyst recommendation highlighting the major opportunities and cautions.
Large Appliances market in Japan is shrinking in terms of volume and is expected to shrink further in the coming years. Some of the major large appliances in Japan have registered negative or stagnant outlook about sales in Japan in terms of volume. High rate of product innovation, their demand and consumer’s willingness to pay for a premium will drive the large appliances market in Japan in terms of value. Large appliances market in Japan is still dominated by domestic brands which have refrained from price war as on September 2016. However, many Chinese and Korean firms are targeting the Japanese market owing to its potential to sell high end technologically advanced products which have higher profit margin.
Growth in demand will be mainly from replacement of old products. As demand in residential real estate picks up, demand for large appliances will also increase simultaneously. Improvement in quality, energy saving appliances, smart home technology and changing consumer preferences will drive the sale in future.
According to Research Analyst at Ken Research, “People willingness to pay the premium for high end products will help to drive the market. New products with value added features or new technology can be sold at higher operating margin. Continuous innovation is necessary to keep margins high and retain brand loyalty”.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Japan Large Appliances Market Genesis & Current Outlook.
- Japan large appliances market size by volume and revenue.
- Japan Large Appliances Market Segmentation by Product Category, Japan television market segmentation by screen size, Japan air conditioner market by type, Japan large appliances market segmentation by type of distribution channel.
- Export and import scenario.
- Market share of major players in Japan large appliances market.
- Competitive landscape of major players.
- Future outlook and projections and recommendation.
- LG Sales Television
- Television Sales Household Japan
- Residential AC Market in Japan
- Japan Online Electronics Sales
- Online Trends Large Appliances
- Household Appliances Market in Japan
- Japan Air Conditioner Sales
- Washing Machine Revenue Statistics
- Japan Television Market
- Japan Large Appliances Market
- Japan Washing Machine Industry
- Market Share Daikin Air Conditioner
Key Products in the Report
- Television, Washing Machine, Refrigerator, Air Conditioner
Key Market Players in the Report
Panasonic, Hitachi, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Daikin, Mitsubishi, LG, Electrolux, Haier, Midea group
For more information about the report, refer to below link:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications