Singapore Mobile Commerce Industry Outlook to 2016 ‘ Evolution in Mobile Shopping‘ provides a comprehensive analysis on the Mobile Commerce market for the year 2009-2011. The report includes the market segments such as mobile applications and mobile payments with a detailed analysis of total industry size in terms of revenue, total number of subscribers undertaking m-Commerce transactions with their future projections and the latest trends and developments in the industry. The report also entails an analysis of all the major players in the market.
The total number of subscribers undertaking the Mobile Commerce transactions in Singapore is ~ for the year 2011. Singapore offers the brightest future in this market because of its high mobile penetration rate, an efficient regulatory system and sound financial support from government. Mobile Commerce market size has increased from USD ~ million in 2009 to USD ~ million in 2011 at a CAGR of 574.6%. Consumer spending via mobile devices rose from USD ~ in 2010 to USD ~ in 2011. The number of mobile shoppers had constituted ~ of all online shoppers in 2011, as compared to ~ in 2010. The people in Singapore spent USD ~ million using Smartphone in 2011, almost three-quarters of the total M-Commerce market as compared to USD ~ million through tablets. Consumers spent USD ~ million on applications and USD ~ million on Movie tickets via their tablet devices.
The Singapore Mobile payment market has showcased a splendid growth in the past year from USD ~ thousand in 2010 to USD ~ thousand in 2011. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 53.1% from 2012 to 2016. The average spending of an individual on mobile shopping is expected to increase from USD ~ in 2012 to USD ~ in 2016. People are expected to prefer mobile shopping over online shopping in future. Singapore witnessed a decline of ~ in online shopping in past year. Singapore mobile application market size in terms of revenue grew from USD ~ million in 2009 to USD ~ million in 2011 at a CAGR of 633.3%. The report also includes the mobile applications market segmentation into games, ringtones, learning applications, kids’ applications with their contribution on the basis of revenue. Games constitute the maximum share with USD ~ million revenue followed by ringtones, learning applications and kids’ applications. The industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 91% in future.
Singapore customers in the age of 18 to 44 years prefer their mobile devices over personal computers as their primary internet platform because of the comfort and simplicity that mobile devices ensure nowadays. Mobile commerce industry has shown significant growth due to factors such as high smartphone penetration and mounting number of 3G subscribers.
The report entails a detailed SWOT analysis of the industry highlighting the key strengths and threats. A thorough scenario analysis of the country’s mobile commerce industry explains the future projections under three different circumstances.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Market size of Singapore Mobile commerce industry
- Market segmentation on the basis of category such as fashion and accessories, books, movie tickets and mobile devices such as smartphone and tablets along with their market share.
- Detailed analysis of mobile payment market in Singapore with its market share and future projections
- Mobile application market size in terms of revenue in USD million
- Market segmentation on the basis of games, ringtones, learning applications and kids’ applications
- Cause and effect table relationship between various factors affecting the m- payment and m-application market.
- Growth drivers for m-commerce, m-payments and m-applications market of Singapore
- Analysis of major players in these sectors with their company profiles in detail
- The historical and the projected trends in the macro-economic indicators, which had an impact on the Singapore mobile commerce market