- The sales of anti-cancer drugs has grown at a CAGR of 6.5% in the last 5 years from 2008-2013
- Roche was the market leader in 2013 in the US anti cancer drug market. The major cancer drugs of Roche which contributed towards its revenues were Herceptin, Rituxan and Xeloda.
- The Blood Cancer drug industry sales have been contributing the maximum to the overall sales of anti-cancer drug sales in the US followed by Breast cancer.
Ken Research has announced the latest market intelligence research report on “The US Anti Cancer Drug Market Outlook to 2018” which provides a comprehensive analysis of US anti cancer drug industry on the basis of sales, number of cancer drugs approved and by number of cancer drugs in development. The report includes coverage on various market segments namely therapies, orals and injectables, generics and patented drugs. The report also features the company profiles of major cancer drug manufacturers in the US as well as the revenues of major ten players in the US Anti Cancer Drug Market.
Over the years, the US anti cancer drug market has developed extensively and has contributed significantly towards the US’s healthcare segment. The market has registered revenues growth of 6.5% from 2008 to 2013. The revenues of the market have been derived majorly from two major cancer drug segments, namely patented and generic drugs.
The US anti cancer drug market is majorly held by the generic drugs in 2013. The high prices of patented drugs have led to a fall in their market share over the years. An emerging trend in the US anti cancer drug market has led to a shift of focus to developing targeted drugs for individual cases of cancer and the cancer drug makers are now moving towards personalized healthcare.
The market for anti cancer drugs in the US is highly fragmented, but is slowly moving towards consolidation with many major pharmaceutical companies opting for joint ventures and strategic alliances so as to tap newer markets and to offset the losses incurred by their major drugs going off-patent. Roche was the major player of this market in 2013.
The US Anti cancer Drug Market is expected to undergo transformation in the years to come mostly backed by the pharmaceutical companies moving towards personalized healthcare with innovation so as to bring better cancer drugs in the future to improve survival rates. Revenues from the anti cancer drugs market in the US are expected to expand to USD 52.7 billion in 2018 on account of more number of drugs being approved by the United States Food and Drug Association and increased expenditure by the government on healthcare.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The US anti cancer drug market
- Introduction, Industry sales
- Number of drugs in development
- Number of drugs approved
- Number of New Cancer Cases
- Oral and Injectables
- Generic and Patent Drugs
- Cost of Therapies
- Market Segmentation by
- Blood, Breast, Lung, Colon, Pancreatic cancer drug market
- Industry Sales in last 5 years (2008-2013)
- Sales of Major Brands
- Treatment and Side Effect
- Patent and Expiry
- Government Regulations in US Anti Cancer Drug Market.
- SWOT Analysis, Growth Drivers, Restraints
- Future outlook and projections
Major Companies Mentioned in the Report
Merck & Co
Browse and Download Report Here – http://www.kenresearch.com/healthcare/pharmaceutical-industry/us-anti-cancer-drug-market-research-report/543-91.html
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications