UK recruitment sector is the largest in Europe also one of the leading markets worldwide. The industry has benefited from globalization, country’s economy, IT sector growth and universities offering placement opportunities for foreign students. In recent times recruitment industry faced a hard hit from recession resulting fall in employment rate and affected both permanent and temporary staffing sectors. In post recessionary period industry has started showing positive trends, especially permanent staffing sector which is expected to open more opportunities for job seekers.
The report on “UK recruitment industry – rising permanent staffing demand” covers market size, market by segmentations and industry growth with industry insights. Also identify regulatory changes, recent trends and future outlook of the recruitment industry to guide future move of the sector demand. Report has also covered competitive landscape and profiled major players. We have discussed major factors driving the industry growth to help recruitment firms to formulate future strategies.
- The current state of the UK recruitment market shows that it has improved to register growth in the range of around 4.5% in 2010 from a negative performance in 2008 & 2009.
- The overall recruitment sector revenue fell by nearly ~% in 2009 compared to 2008 figures; year 2008 also faced the heat of global economy slowdown.
- The UK public sector had held up well during the recession, due in large part to the government policy of increasing spending.
- In 2009 permanent placement turnover fell by ~% to USD ~ billion while temporary and contract turnover dropped by 10.4% to USD~ billion. Professional/executive recruitment is expected to grow faster than traditional recruitment (blue and white collar) in all the European countries.
- The IT sector remains a significant contributor to The UK’s GDP (contributing 10%) and remains the largest market for ICT in the EU. In April 2009 the ratio of permanent jobs remained constant with permanent jobs equating to ~% of total jobs and contract jobs now representing ~%.
Scope of the Report
- The report gives a detailed analysis of the UK recruitment sector with discussion market past performance, present analyses and future outlook of the industry also demand by segmentation and functional areas.
- Report discuses regulatory environment on different sectors also assess the industry trends and developments.
- Discusses industry players positioning, market share, profiled major players and further scope for new and existing players.
- This research report helps the domestic and international players looking for potential segment in the recruitment market.
- Present report may help temporary and permanent placement agencies to look for new prospects and formulate strategies.
For more information on the research report, refer to below link:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications
ankur [@] kenresearch.com