- Cerebos is observed to dominate Thailand dietary supplements market in 2016
- By distribution channel, mass merchandisers dominated the Thailand nutraceuticals market in year 2016
- Health segment dominated the functional food and beverages market segment in Thailand.
- Herbal Supplements are expected to drive the dietary supplements market in Thailand
High sugar consumption is a major problem among Thai food consumption habits. Thai citizen consumes 30.0 kilograms of sugar per year on an average which equals three times the maximum recommended intake of 25.0 grams per day. Thai people add a considerable amount of sugar to many popular recipes and the popular example of it is extra amounts of tomato sauce on the Pizza. With the intake of high amount of sugar, westernized food and lack of exercise, there has been increase in the population suffering from diabetes. With the tropical onset of diabetes type 2 in Thailand after the age of 50; the aging of Thai population points towards rise of the disease burden. Increasing obesity in children and adults is also leading to diabetes. It was observed that 4.1 million Thai adults are pre-diabetic presently. Obesity leads to more than a seven-fold increase in the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
The increase in prevalence of obesity and diabetes increased the market for the supplements used in the prevention of the disease and weight loss supplements impacting the market in a positive manner. The Nutrition Promotion foundation launched a project in 2016 to encourage people to choose healthier eating habits which will further impact the Thailand nutraceuticals market as it will result into increased consumption of nutritional supplements. 75.0% people with diabetes in Thailand are observed to use non-prescribed supplements (herbal, vitamin, mineral, or others) and alternative medications in Thailand due to which the demand for the supplements has increased over the years.
Ken Research in its latest study, Thailand Nutraceuticals Market Outlook to 2021 suggested vitamin and minerals in dietary supplements segment will continue to dominate the market during the forecast period. Aging population coupled with low calcium intake in Thai population especially amongst the rural population has resulted in high prevalence of low Vitamin D and low bone mineral density levels in Thai population. As a result of which, the intake of the vitamin and mineral supplements has been high as doctors prescribed these supplements for proper functioning of the body.
The report provided information on market size for Thailand nutraceuticals market, Thailand nutraceuticals market segmentations on the bases of dietary supplements, functional food & beverages and distribution channels, regulatory landscape, import and export scenario, trends and developments and competitive landscape.
Topics Covered in The Report
- Thailand Ginseng Market,
- Thailand Nutritional Supplements Market,
- Market Growth Nutraceutical Thailand,
- Dietary Supplements Market Trends Thailand,
- Thailand Vitamin Supplement Market,
- Thailand Functional Food Industry,
- Thailand Functional Beverage Market,
- New Developments in Herbal Supplements Market,
- Digestive Food Market Growth in Thailand,
- AntiOxidants Food Category Growth Thailand,
- Competition in Thailand Nutritional Supplement,
- Future Thailand Nutraceutical
For further reading click on the link below:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications