India Paper Packaging Industry Outlook to 2019 – Steered by Exports and Online Shopping presents a comprehensive analysis of the paper packaging products aspects including market size of paper packaging industry in India by revenue along with the market segmentation by different types of products such as corrugated box, folding carton, paper bags and others, by organized and unorganized market structure and by type of paper used. The report also entails a detailed description on the recent trends and developments in the market, growth drivers, and competitive scenario of major players in the paper packaging industry. The publication discusses in detail the investment required to set up a plant for corrugated box and folding carton along with the pre-requisites to enter in the sector.
The paper packaging products are an important part of the overall packaging industry in India. The growth in the India paper packaging industry has been largely impelled by the augmenting demand for better quality of paper packaging products and changing consumer preferences.Increasing demand for paper packaging products along with high urban population growth, rising disposable incomes and paper production in India are anticipated to further stimulate the country’s overall paper packaging industry in the following years.
A higher demand of paper packaging products especially an increased trend in the usage of folding cartons has been observed in India. The increase in the folding carton has been observed on account of factors such as increasing FMCG and food & beverages sector. The corrugated box market has been increasing mainly due to development of the country’s logistics sector and escalating exports in the country.
The market size of the paper packaging industry in India has increased from INR ~ million in FY’2009 to INR ~ million in FY’2014 at a CAGR of 11.7%. The India paper packaging industry registered sales revenue of INR ~ million in FY’2014, increasing from the previous year at a rate of 12.2%. The India paper packaging industry, which has been growing at a CAGR of ~ in terms of revenue over the period FY’2009-2014, is expected to perform reasonably well in the coming years on account of significant rise in the demand for quality paper packaging products and increase in consumer spending in India.
Corrugated boxes have continued to dominate the India paper packaging industry with a market share of ~% in FY’2014. Folding carton market made a contribution of INR ~ million in FY’2014 which increased from INR ~ million in FY’2009 at CAGR of ~%. The industry has been traditionally dominated by the unorganized sector in terms of revenue generated. Kraft Paper has been the most used paper in the paper packaging industry with a market share of ~% and revenues of INR ~ million in FY’2014. ITC, TCPL, Parksons Packaging, Horizon Packs, TGI Packaging Pvt. Ltd, Chandra Packaging are the few leading players in the India paper packaging industry.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- The market size of India paper packaging industry in terms of revenue and volume of paper consumed.
- India paper packaging industry segmentation by type of products covering corrugated boxes, folding carton, paper bags and others.
- India paper packaging industry segmentation by organized and unorganized market; by type of paper used.
- Export & Import Scenario and Trends and development in the paper packaging industry.
- SWOT Analysis and Porter’s five forces analysis in the India paper packaging industry.
- Government Regulations, Growth Drivers and Recent Industry Activities in India paper packaging industry
- Competitive Landscape of major paper packaging players by Corrugated Box and Folding Carton Industry in India.
- Future Outlook and Projections of paper packaging industry in India.
- Macro Economic Variables of India paper packaging industry.