Ken research announced its recent distribution on, “Global Silicon Anode Battery Market Forecasts and Professional Market Research Report 2022“. The industry has been successfully deployed in fuelling the energy needs of potential generation. The research concluded that by 2022 the APAC market will be the principal region in this market followed by the European market where the thirst for silicon anode batteries will be quenched by the automotive market sector.
Silicon Anode Battery’s demand concentrates on four key arenas-consumer electronics, medical services, industrial needs and the escalating automobile industry. Lithium batteries are currently dominating the market in place of silicon ones, although, the research declares the declining share of LIBs (Lithium Iron Batteries) with the coming generations. This shift is resultant of the high energy density attributed to the silicon metalloid. The difficulty with LIB is the immense swelling up of the graphite battery, which cracks open due to putrefaction of the electrolyte resulting in short circuits and cell malfunctioning which can be fatal. It has a comparative advantage over the graphite rods by boosting the work lifespan, saving time, being lightweight and has high competence. This new nano-architecture would bring a boom in the silicon anode battery industry, globally. The underlying fruit ten times sweeter, comes from the new investigate that silicon anode affords a reduced amount of surface for contact hence ward offs the expansion and provides the apparatus higher solidity.
At an international level, the startling increase in the same has been clearly detectable since the last five years. This industry is growing at a 43% CAGR in the global revenue, and is expected to outshine initial global trends magnificently. With the prevailing inclination, we can call this as a rapid development period for this industry. If we drop attention on the global separate scenarios, we observe that as of November 2016, there are over 15 major players in this field in the global market, mainly located in the United States compassing North America and Latin America (U.S, Canada Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile), Asia-pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand), Middle East and Africa. The United States mastered and took 42% market share in 2015 in the revenue, with a bent towards the Silicon Valley followed by Asia 36% and Europe 22%. Increasing demands of consumer electronics and electric bikes & automobiles, given its high exports, gave North America the required push in growth. China, Korea and other nations have been leading with their use in automotive sectors. The ideal players as mentioned above incorporated, Panasonic Corporation (Japan), Zeptor Corporation (U.S.), LG Chem (South Korea), Amprius, Inc. (U.S.), Samsung SDI (South Korea), Nanotek Instruments, Inc. (U.S.), California Lithium Battery Inc. (U.S.). Enevate Corporation (U.S.),XG Sciences (U.S.), and Los Angeles Clean tech Incubator (U.S). Amprius, Nexeon Limited, Panasonic Corporation and Samsung SDI, took around 45% revenue market share in 2015.
Key Issues impeding growth within the market:
- Silicon Swelling-silicon’s interaction with lithium is an unfavourable one-especially with a liquid electrolyte. Silicon gains volume as it stores lithium in balloon shaped air sacks.
- Irreversible nanoparticle reactions, Solid electrolyte interface: Si nanoparticles are exposed to irrevocable reactions with the liquid electrolyte. This results in reduced battery life. It acts as rust to the batteries hence, poor conductivity, which limits the use in instant electrical automotives such as cars and engines.
- Failure in the development of an anode that solves the above two problems simultaneously.
At present, China’s manufacturing technology has a great lack of high-end products. China has put throttle to increase the mid stage-manufacturing sector and this is a big problem to enlargement factors. China will focus on high values goods, while in the coming years, there will be more companies and more advanced products appear in China, and some other developing countries. As more and more countries and regions taking active part in this industry, we expect that there will still be more new enters come into this industry, and the expectation on revenue in 2022 will rise to 1,058 Million USD. The key market players are also focusing on the embryonic production processes and capacity expansion in order to reduce the costs of silicon anode batteries and to meet its growing demand. The hurdles that prevented the volume expansion has been provided with a solution- breaking up the silicon anode into many small nanoparticles embedded in another material to give them space to swell. The future of this industry looks bright, silicon being the most promising in terms of capacity and quality. The APAC region will emerge as the biggest utiliser of the silicon anode batteries market as the end device manufacturers are the key customers for these batteries. Without any change in its size, the batteries will be able to store more charge than their forerunners.
Topics Covered in the Report
- Global Battery market research
- Global Silicon Anode Battery Market Research
- Global Silicon Anode Battery Market Revenue
- Europe Battery Market Size
- North America Major Battery Manufacturers
- Global Automobile Industry Research
- Silicon Anode Battery Market by Application
- Silicon Anode Battery Demand in Medical Devices
- Global Silicon Anode Battery Market size
- Global Silicon Anode Battery Market share
- Global Silicon Anode Battery Market growth
- Global Silicon Anode Battery Market trends
- Global Silicon Anode Battery Market future
- Global Silicon Anode Battery Market analysis
- Global Silicon Anode Battery Market
For more coverage click on the link below:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications