Ken Research announced its latest publication on “South Africa Lubricant Market Outlook to 2020 – Inclining Vehicle Sales and Growing Manufacturing and Mining Sector to Drive Future Growth” provides a comprehensive analysis of the lubricant market in South Africa. The report covers aspects such as the market size on the basis of revenue and consumption volume for industrial and automotive lubricants. The segmentation for overall lubricants market, automotive lubricants market and industrial and machinery lubricant market has been presented on the basis of end users, base oil used, distribution channel and organized and unorganized sectors. The report also covers the market share, competitive landscape and strengths and weaknesses of major manufacturers. In addition to this, the report also covers trends, developments, growth drivers, restraints and future outlook. Regulatory policies, analyst recommendations and best business model to follow have also been showcased. This report will help industry consultants, lubricant manufacturers and dealers, retail chains, potential entrants and other stakeholders to align their market centric strategies according to the ongoing and expected trends in the future. According to Research Analyst at Ken Research
South Africa lubricant market has witnessed considerable growth over the period 2010-2015. The country has become a hub of operations for major players such as Shell, Engen, BP/Castrol, Total Lubricants and Chevron. Consumption of lubricants in South Africa has been reported at 290 thousand tons in 2010. Factors such as inclining vehicle sales and enhancing manufacturing, construction and mining and quarrying sector has propelled the consumption of finished lubricants in 2015.
Share of Automotive sector in the overall revenues of the market has been projected to incline from 62% in 2016 to 63% in 2020. Demand for synthetic based lubes will be surging especially 100% synthetic base lubricants as people in South Africa are demanding these lubricants for new cars as they extend the life of the engine significantly and also increase the oil change time. PETRONAS Syntium 1000 SM 15W-50 and Syntium 800 SM 5W-30 will be the upcoming lubricants in South Africa. GTL conversion is known to produce extremely pure, synthetic crude oil that does not contain contaminants such as sulfur, aromatics and metals. Such lubricants will be generating huge demand from high end cars and bikes in South Africa over the period 2016-2020.
“According to Research Analyst at Ken Research, Food grade lubricants can be targeted as the South African food and beverages industry is expected to flourish over the period 2016-2020 generating considerable demand for such lubricants. A new entrant should look for tie ups with OEMs of cars and motorbikes who will use their lubricants while manufacturing. Furthermore, they can also recommend their lubricants while selling the vehicles. A new entrant can also enter into a joint venture with already established Oil manufacturing companies. Provinces such as Gauteng, The Western Cape and KwaZulu Natal should be focused as they account for 80.0% of the total lubricant consumption in South Africa as of 2015.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Market size of South Africa Lubricant Market by Revenue and by consumption
- Market size of South Africa Automotive Lubricant Market by Revenue
- Market size of South Africa Industrial and Machinery Lubricant Market by Revenue
- South Africa Automotive Lubricant Market Segmentation by Major end Users, Type of Base Oil Used, Distribution Channel, Organized and Unorganized Sector
- South Africa Industrial and Machinery Lubricant Market Segmentation by Major end Users, by Type of Base Oil Used, by Distribution Channel, by Organized and Unorganized Sector and by Major Types of Lubricants
- Market Share and competitive Landscape of Leading Manufacturers in South Africa Lubricant Market, 2015
- Competitive Landscape of Leading Manufacturers in South Africa Lubricant Market, 2015
- Export-Import of Lubricants in South Africa, 2011-2015
- South Africa Lubricant Market Future Outlook and Projections, 2016-2020
- Analyst Recommendations
Key Products Mentioned in the Report
Industrial Gear Oils
Automotive Gear Oils
Metal working Fluids
Companies Covered in the Report
For more information on the research report, refer to the below link:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications