A face mask is an individual safety product used to protect the wearer from inhaling hazardous airborne materials, particle matter, gases, and vapors. The nose and mouth are covered by face masks on their faces. The facial mask is used for protecting people against breathing infections and creating a physical barrier between the user’s nose and mouth and possible contaminants in the immediate environment. Face masks force the wearer’s air through filter material before it is inhaled, which ensures a certain protection level. Direct exposure or contact may be caused by infectious material deposited on respiratory masks. Special care is therefore needed while removing masks to prevent skin, clothes, and mucous membranes from getting contaminated.
Global Face masks market to surpass USD 7.22 Billion by 2030, which is valued at XX billion in 2019 at a compound annual growth rate of 22.14%. This market is anticipated to grow due to the driving force of increasing concern for the securities and safety of the workers. In addition, the face masks’ demand over the forecast period is projected to increase with the growing concern about the exposure to radioactive and toxic air pollution and rising instances of infectious biological hazards. Moreover, the recent outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to have a positive impact on the growth of the market.
Technological advances in features and functionality of face masks coupled with the growing demand for multiutility RPE are expected to provide sufficient market growth opportunities in the coming years. In addition, lighter weight masks are increasingly favored by users who are required to wear respirators for a longer time.
Recent Highlights in the face masks market
- In May 2020, 3M decided to expand its facility located in regions of South Dakota, Aberdeen and U.S. to increase the production of N95 respirator masks for healthcare workers, and others actively combating the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In March 2020, an instruction was released by WHO for various companies and governments to increase the production by 40% to meet the growing demand for the face masks.
Face masks Market: Segments
Global market has been segmented on the basis of distribution, battery type. It has been further segmented on the basis of region into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Mid East, and Africa.
By distribution (in %), global Face masks Market, 2019
Wholesale stores are expected to register the highest CAGR of 8.1% during the forecasted period.
Global Face Masks Market is segmented by distribution into the online market and supermarkets and mall, wholesale market.
The online channel should also register significant growth as the e-commerce channel has significantly changed people’s shopping habits by providing advantages such as doorstep delivery, discounts, and availability for many products on one platform.
By type (in %), global Face masks Market, 2019
Cotton is expected to register a CAGR of 8.1% during the forecasted period.
Global Face Masks Market is segmented by type: Cotton, Polyester, plastic
By end-user (in %), global Face masks Market, 2019
The face masks market for the medical and healthcare segment resulted in over 20% revenue share in 2020 is expected to grow significantly during 2020-2030.
Global Face Masks Market is segmented of the basis of End-user into chemical manufacturing, construction, oil & gas, marine, metal fabrication, agriculture, textile, medical and healthcare, military and aviation, public service, mining, aerospace, etc.
Global face masks Market: Drivers and Restraints
- Outbreak of COVID-19
The ongoing coronavirus epidemic has prompted an increase in demand for face masks like N95 respirators that medical professionals frequently use to help protect them from contracting the virus. Surgical masks are also in high demand which is said to be most useful in the case of this pandemic in patients with the infection to prevent further spread of the virus in a clinical setting. The effectiveness of surgical face mask in blocking the transmission of SARS is 68%.
- Increasing atmospheric pollution
Growing issues in the atmosphere about toxic materials, contaminants, chemicals, and substances have contributed to increased demand for face masks. Furthermore, increasing airborne diseases, exposure to toxic chemicals, and others has lead to an increase in concern about the respiratory problems and thus the demand for such products.
- Restricted Future Growth
Factors that could hamper the future growth of the masks market include environmental concerns, a shortage of masks, and increased use of homemade masks. Another factor that has hindered the growth of this market is the increase in the number of counterfeit products.
- Increased competition
Another trend that has been observed is that the number of competitive firms has increased which is able to supply at a lower price. The largest producer of face masks is China with a standard daily capacity of 20 million quantities.
Global E-bikes Market: Regions
Asia Pacific respiratory masks market generated over USD 2 billion in 2020.
Asia Pacific region is therefore the dominant region for the production and distribution of face masks.
The development of the industry is due to the strong awareness of personal safety and the stringent regulations lay down by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) concerning the laboratory’s use of face masks when operating in a hazardous environment.
Asia Pacific: China, Japan, India, and Rest of Asia Pacific
Europe: Germany, the UK, France, and Rest of Europe
North America: The US, Mexico, and Canada
Latin America: Brazil and Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa: GCC Countries and Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Face Masks Market is further segmented by region into:
- North America Market Size, Share, Trends, Opportunities, Y-o-Y
- Growth, CAGR – United States and Canada
- Latin America Market Size, Share, Trends, Opportunities, Y-o-Y
- Growth, CAGR – Mexico, Argentina, Brazil and Rest of Latin America
- Europe Market Size, Share, Trends, Opportunities, Y-o-Y Growth,
- CAGR – United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium,
- Hungary, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, NORDIC, Russia,
- Turkey and Rest of Europe
- APAC Market Size, Share, Trends, Opportunities, Y-o-Y Growth,
- CAGR – India, China, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, New
- Zealand, Australia and Rest of APAC
- MENA Market Size, Share, Trends, Opportunities, Y-o-Y Growth,
- CAGR – North Africa, Israel, GCC, South Africa
Global face masks Market: Key Players
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Alpha Pro Tech
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Avon Rubber p.l.c
- ILC Dover
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Uvex Safety Group
- Gateway Safety, Inc.
- Other prominent players
Global Face Masks Market report also contains analysis on:
- Global Face Masks Market Segments:
- By distribution:
- Online Market
- Supermarket and malls
- Wholesale market
- By type:
- By end-user:
- chemical manufacturing
- oil & gas
- medical and healthcare
- Global Face Masks Market Dynamics
- Global Face Masks Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved in the Market
- Value Chain of the Market
- Market Drivers and Restraints
- By distribution:
FAQs on Global Face masks Market
- Which segment is anticipated to hold the largest market share?
- At what CAGR is the market anticipated to grow between 2020 and
- Who are the key players in the global face masks market?
- What could be the challenging factors for the growth of Global Face Masks Market?
- What are the growth drivers for the face masks market?
Related Report: –
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications