Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body, containing 19 amino acids such as glutamine, arginine, proline, and glycine. Its fibrous structure is used to build connective tissue. As the collagen present depletes with age and it becomes difficult for the body to produce more, people turn to collagen supplements. Collagen supplements contain amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein, as well as some additional nutrients such as vitamin C, biotin, and zinc. The supplements have a wide range of uses in medicine and cosmetics.
According to Ken Research Analysis, the Global Collagen Supplements Market was valued at ~US$ 900 million in 2017. It is estimated to be ~US$ 1,300 million in 2022 and is forecasted to reach a market size of ~US$ 2,000 million, growing at a CAGR of ~8% owing to the rising demand for collagen peptides in nutraceuticals and food & beverage industries.
- Growth in the healthcare sector is expected to drive the overall Global Collagen Supplement Market. Furthermore, a growing geriatric population, rising standards of living, and increasing health awareness are other factors driving the growth of collagen-based products worldwide.
- Collagen supplements help in treating ailments such as joint pain, rheumatoid arthritis, and other provocative bone illnesses, which drives the demand for products.
- The major challenge faced by the market is the consumer inclination towards veganism. The majority of the supplements involve animal cruelty, mainly because of the extraction of substances from animal bodies. People are shifting towards more environment-friendly natural supplements, such as vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, and more. However, companies are pursuing positive approaches to introduce new products that are cruelty-free, thereby conquering this hurdle.
- The COVID-19 pandemic had a positive impact on the overall market growth due to mounting social media awareness about collagen products. Many influencers and doctors have used social media platforms to promote the use of supplement products such as powders, liquids, and gummies. Growing awareness of health and beauty during lockdown and recent trends, especially among young adults, has caused the preference curve for collagen peptides to rise. Growing awareness of the benefits of collagen supplements is observed worldwide, that has spurred the development of the overall industry.
Key Trends by Market Segment
By Source: The bovine segment held the largest market share in the Global Collagen Supplements Market in 2021, owing to the huge popularity of bovine collagen supplements among athletes and bodybuilders.
- Bovine-sourced supplements are the most consumed supplement due to their easy availability and benefits for the treatment of diseases such as osteoporosis, scoliosis, and others.
- Marine & Poultry segment is expected to grow with the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the rising awareness regarding marine oils and Omega 3.
By Form: The gummies segment held the largest market share in the global collagen supplements market in 2021, owing to the growing preference of consumers towards increasing consumption of dietary supplements.
- Gummies are the faster and easier way to intake the required supplements and growing demand from consumers for flavored gummies drives the market for collagen gummies.
- Powdered form segment is expected to grow with the highest CAGR during the forecast period as it is the most popular type of collagen supplement and can be mixed with water and different types of juices.
By Distribution Channel: The pharmacies segment held the largest market share in the global collagen supplements market in 2021, as pharmacies or drug stores are considered to be the most trusted source for the purchase of any kind of medication and supplements.
- Pharmacies are the most trusted distribution source for supplements among consumers as the information regarding the product is validated through healthcare professionals at the drug stores.
- Online segment is expected to grow with the highest CAGR during the forecast period as online channels offer a much lower price for supplements through coupon benefits, free shipping charges, and others.
By End-User: The nutraceuticals segment held the largest market share in the global collagen supplements market in 2021, owing to the rising awareness regarding the benefits associated with collagen supplements for skin, hair, nails, and joints.
- The nutraceutical collagen supplements provide the highest amount of strength, resilience, and compactness to the skin and that is why it is widely utilized in nutraceuticals.
- The increasing prevalence of various diseases such as arthritis, inflammatory bone diseases, and other rheumatoid arthritis has encouraged people to inculcate collagen supplements in their daily diet.
By Region: North America held the largest market share among all other regions within the global collagen supplements market in 2021, due to increasing demand for collagen supplements from the sports nutrition industry in the region.
- The expanding geriatric patient population in countries, such as USA, has boosted the consumption of collagen supplements in the region. Moreover, growing skin consciousness among young and adult populations enhances regional market statistics.
- North America is the leading market for collagen and collagen products. The presence of high-end manufacturing capabilities and a constant rise in application areas have also majorly contributed to the flourishing market of collagen.
The Global Collagen Supplements Market is highly competitive with ~125 players, including globally diversified players, regional players, and many country-niche players. Most of the country-niche players are the manufacturers of raw materials for collagen supplements used in various end-user industries.
Request for Sample Report @ https://www.kenresearch.com/sample-report.php?Frmdetails=NTk2MDgx
Regional players constitute ~35% of the total number of competitors, while country-niche players dominate representing ~45% of total competitors. Some of the major players in the market include Codeage LLC, Everest NeoCell LLC, Hunter and Gather Foods, Nestlé, NUTRAFORMIS, Optimum Nutrition, Inc, Shiseido Company, Limited, TCI CO., LTD, THE BOUNTIFUL COMPANY, The Clorox Company, among others.
Recent Developments Related to Major Players and Organizations
- In May 2022, a USA based natural health and nutrition supplement manufacturing company, MD Logic Health, launched marine collagen with a special blend of co-factors including vitamins A, C, zinc, copper, and biotin. The product is committed to all types of tests and assurance standards.
- In January 2021, Darling Ingredients launched Peptan, a marine collagen peptide under its brand name, Rousselot. The new product helped the company enter the nutricosmetics and dietary supplements market.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Snapshot of Global Collagen Supplements Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis
- Market size and Segmentation of the Global Collagen Supplements Market
- Historic Growth of Overall Global Collagen Supplements Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of Global Collagen Supplements Industry
- Overview, Product Offerings, Strengths, & Weaknesses of Key Competitors
- Covid-19 Impact on the Overall Global Collagen Supplements Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Total Global Collagen Supplements Market and Segments
- Market Size of End User Segments with Historical CAGR and Future Forecasts
- Analysis of Global Collagen Supplements Market
- Major Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs within Each Region
- Major Country-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Region
Notable Key Players Mentioned in the Report
- Codeage LLC
- Everest NeoCell LLC
- Hunter and Gather Foods
- Optimum Nutrition, Inc
- Shiseido Company, Limited
- TCI CO., LTD
- THE BOUNTIFUL COMPANY
- The Clorox Company
Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Lapi Gelatine S.p.a.
- GreenPharm Private Label
- GELITA AG
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Collagen Supplements Manufacturers
- Collagen Supplements Suppliers
- Distributors of Collagen Supplements
- Bovine Extract Suppliers for Pharmaceutical Industry
- Marine & Poultry Extract Suppliers for Pharmaceutical Industry
- Porcine Extract Suppliers for Pharmaceutical Industry
- Powder Collagen Supplements Manufacturers
- Capsules Collagen Supplements Manufacturers
- Gummies Collagen Supplements Manufacturers
- Liquid Collagen Supplements Manufacturers
- Collagen Supplements Packaging Material Providers
- Emerging and Startup Collagen Supplements Companies in the Market
- Different Types of Collagen Supplements Institutes
- Government Departments of Dietary Supplements
- Ministries and Departments of Pharmaceuticals
- Ministries and Departments of Healthcare
- Importers and Distributors of Collagen Supplements
For more insights on the market intelligence, refer to the link below: –