- It is expected that by 2022, the proportion of female membership would reach little less than 50% due to rise in the number of women specific fitness centres in KSA. Various new players would enter the market to tap the opportunity while many of the existing players would open women specific fitness centres.
- It is expected that by 2030, 40% of the total population would be considered as a part of active population which shall be propelled by the recent government initiatives under National Transformation Programme.
Growth in Saudi Arabia Fitness Services market will be facilitated by the rising number of obese population, increasing demand for personal training, expanding geographical presence of major fitness centers, diversifying services portfolio and others. Increase in health awareness would supplement growth in the market. Many new services and new technologies are expected to be launched in the forecast period having a positive impact on demand for fitness services. The future share of female population in the Saudi Arabia fitness service revenue is expected to increase as compared to that of male population. The scenario is improving for females because of the changing lifestyle and norms. More female participation is expected owing to rising diseases and health concerns amongst women. The trend of increasing demand for female specific fitness centers is assumed to continue in the future and increase female share in Saudi Arabia fitness service market.
Similarly, due to increasing number of organized centers, expansion of existing centers and entry of more number of international players in the market, the share of organized sector fitness centers will increase to almost 4 times from 2017 to 2022E. Number of fitness services centers in unorganized sector, on the other hand, is assumed to increase by over 180% from 2017 to 2022E.
Ken Research in its latest study, “Saudi Arabia Fitness Services Market Outlook to 2022 – By Revenue Stream (Gym Membership and Personal Training), by Organized and Unorganized, by Region, Gender and Membership Subscription”, suggests that the demand for fitness services would continue to grow owing to imbalanced working life, increasing prevalence of heart problems, diabetes, and asthma among the population, and expansion of fitness services centres, in both organized and unorganized sector.
Key Segments Covered
Market Segmentation by Market Structure (Organized & Unorganized)
- By Revenue Stream
- By Membership subscription
- By Region (For Organized)
- By Gym Type (For Organized)
Market Segmentation by Gender (Male & Female)
- Market Segmentation by Revenue Stream (Membership Subscription & Personal Training)
- Market Segmentation by Membership Subscription (12 Months, 6 Months, 3 Months and Others)
- Market Segmentation by Region (Riyadh, Mecca, Madinah, Dammam and Others)
Key Target Audience
- Men’s Fitness Service Centers
- Women Fitness Service Centers
- Mixed Fitness Service Centers
- CrossFit Centers
- Major Fitness Equipment Manufacturers
Time Period Captured in the Report:
2012-2017 – Historical Period
2018-2022 – Future Forecast
Saudi Arabia Organized Fitness Services Providers: Fitness First, Gold’s Gym, Fitness Time, World Gym, Active Time, Arena MMA Fitness, Bodyline VIP center, Central care, Al Manahil, Al Multaka, Interval Plus CrossFit, NuYu, Curves, Spectrum Wellness for Women, Kore, Lava Fitness, Glow Fit, Kinetico, Fit Zone, Pulse Studio, Studio 55, 9 Round, The Power Gym, Body Masters, Muscles Factory, and Fitness Maker
Saudi Arabia Unorganized Fitness Services Providers: G-Fit, Bwell center, Fitness Inn, Areka, Tytans fitness, Iron hill Cross Fit, Fitness World, Marom Club, Rio gym and Others
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
Saudi Arabia Total Gym Membership
Saudi Arabia Fitness Trainers
Fitness Services Centres in Madinah
Fitness Services Centres in Dammam
Saudi Arabia Population Demographics
Saudi Arabia Workplace Fitness Promotion
Saudi Arabia Group Training
Saudi Arabia Fitness Wearable Technology
Issues and Challenges in Saudi Arabia Fitness Services Market
Saudi Arabia Organized Fitness Services Centres
For more information on the research report, refer to below link:
Related Reports by Ken Research
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications