Super absorbent polymers or SAPs are special type of polymers with excellent absorption properties. These polymers possess the cross-linked structure of polymer that avoids the dissolution. They are made from the acrylic acid and a cross-linker by a solution or suspension polymerization. These polymers are primarily used in the personal hygiene products. They can be natural or synthetic in nature that depends on their composition & availability of ingredients. Therefore, they are used in various products such as incontinence, nappies, children’s diapers, products and others where high absorption characteristics are required.
Recent Highlights in Global Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) Market
- In December 2017, LG Chemicals Ltd. announced to increase its production capacity of acrylic acid and super absorbent polymers by the end of 2019. For this, the company, invested US$ 300 Billion to increase the yield of super absorbent polymers from 100 KT to 500 KT per year
- In October 2018, Nippon Shokubai expanded its superabsorbent polymers production capacity in its manufacturing facility at Zwijndrecht, Netherlands. This new plant has a capacity of 100,000 tons per year; it helped the company meet the increasing demand for SAP.
Global Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) Market: Key Players
- BASF SE
- Company Overview, Business Strategy, Key Product Offerings, Financial Performance, Key Performance Indicators, Risk Analysis, Recent Development, Regional Presence, and SWOT Analysis.
- Formosa Plastics Corporation
- LG Chemicals Ltd.
- SDP Global Co., Ltd
- Songwon Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Evonik Industries AG
- KAO Corporation
- Nippon Shokubai Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Co. Ltd
- Yixing Danson Technology
- Sanyo Chemical Industries, Ltd.
- Other Prominent Players
Major industry players in the SAP market are focusing on expanding their super absorbent polymer manufacturing capabilities to take advantage of the growing global demand for super absorbent polymer products. Manufacturers are now focusing on expanding its business in emerging regions of the world. In addition, the increasingly fierce competition among major players is also an important factor, which causes that producers are spending aggressively in order to maintain market share.
Based on type, super absorbent polymer market can be segregated as Copolymers, Polyacrylate/Polyacrylamide, Sodium Polyacrylate and others. Sodium Polyacrylate segment dominates the market owing to growth in adoption in the commercial industries for instance agriculture, personal hygiene, construction, and packaging. In addition, based on application, market can be segregated as packaging, personal hygiene, industrial, oil & gas, healthcare, agriculture, construction and others.
The super absorbent polymer market is driven by rise in demand for fluff-less diapers, followed by increase in consumer awareness toward infant’s hygiene, rise in demand for sanitary items such as pads for women, growth of population, rise in popularity of diaper pants and increase in focus on effective management of irrigation water. However, difficulty in the disposal of non-biodegradable super absorbent polymers and volatile prices of raw materials may impact the market. Moreover, high growth potential of SAP-based personal hygiene products in developing economies and development of bio-based super absorbent polymers are leading opportunities for market.
Based on geography, the Asia-Pacific is a leading region in global super absorbent polymer market owing to ease of accessibility to raw material and inexpensive labor across the region. The North-America and Europe regions are likely to exhibit considerable growth rate due to rise in demand for the production of female hygiene products manufactured from SAP, increase in consumer base & growth in hygiene awareness and increase in investments in the development of bio-based superabsorbent polymers over the forecast period. It is predicted that future of the global super absorbent polymer market will be optimistic as a result of rise in demand for diapers and growth in global population during the forecast period.
Global Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) market report also contains analysis on:
- Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) Market Segments:
- By Type
- Sodium Polyacrylate
- By Application
- Personal Hygiene
- Oil & Gas
- Global Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) Market Dynamics
- Global Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) market size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved in the Market
- Value Chain of the Market
- Market Drivers and Restraints
For More Information on the Post, refer to below links: –
Related Report: –
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications